Jefferson Memorial, DC MOTHER’S DAY 2017 -WILL YOU BE THERE?
What is the crisis? We’ve identified seven key issues that are contributing to poor maternal-child health in our country.
1. A surge in the rate of premature births, unmatched in the past eight years
2. Serious healthcare inequities and disparities in African-American and other marginalized populations
3. A profound lack of early, universal access to healthcare, including prenatal care
4. A rising maternal mortality worse than any other developed nation
5. Increasing evidence of a maternity care provider workforce shortage
6. An epidemic of maternal workplace stress and depression before, during and after pregnancy
7. Lack of addressing need for parental leave
JOIN US! Make a stand for moms and babies – it’s a matter of life and death ~ Jennie Joseph